- Posted by Trevor Weitzel
- On November 23, 2016
- 2016, Annual Conference
For the 2016 Digital Conference, the Local SEO department reviewed several key aspects related to product knowledge, benefits and industry trends that all focused on driving client success and growth.
The following is an overview of the local SEO presentation:
How Has Local SEO Evolved?
In the last year, Google has made many changes to their algorithm and how it interacts with our local SEO product. V Digital strives to overcome these obstacles and deliver a holistic strategy that revolves around a client’s GMB page. The following updates have been made to the local SEO industry/product:
- G+ Insights Data Change
- Updated reports and how G+ Insights changes are reflected
- Separation of Google+ and GMB pages
- Business descriptions being removed from listings and replace with a 140 character tagline
- Staying ahead of the curve with algorithm updates – possum & ads in map results
Hyper Local SEO
- Hyper local is an advertising solution specifically designed for local small businesses with or without a website.
- Hyper local takes your local SEO listing and displays it in higher rankings on Google, Google maps, and relevant partner website on both desktop and mobile.
- Hyper local clients must have a local SEO campaign established with V Digital Services in order to implement
Where Does Local SEO Fit in the Sales Funnel?
- Local SEO can really help in the Decision and Action phases of the sales funnel for driving store traffic
- This is the most cost effective way to capture these low funnel leads and get them into your place of business
- Business Goals to accomplish with Local SEO:
- Increase Page One visibility on Maps and Mobile Search for categories associated with your business
- Increase views of listing to convert more actions – driving directions, calls, and clicks to the website
What are the Benefits of a Local SEO Campaign with V Digital?
We consider and implement a strategy for all factors that impact ranking which is unique amongst Local SEO solutions. SMBs need experts and a best practices approach because Local SEO is more competitive, more complex and has more to manage than ever before.
And, as a Google Premier Partner, we have access to the latest online marketing technologies, industry research, product updates and the Google partners’ community. You’ll have peace of mind knowing you are working with a partner that has earned the badge, which shows our clients are happy and we follow Google Best Practices
V Digital also uses tools to ensure client success:
- Reporting QA
- Ensuring accurate data is on each report along with up to date categories, optimizations, completed tasks & custom work
- Custom tasks will include ANY completed task not included in our deliverable timeline this added value will assist the clients ranking and optimization efforts. These tasks will be include in the completed section of a client’s report.
- Red Flag Report
- A monthly report that compares clients trending. This is a bird’s eye view for the team to quickly identify down trends and allows us to be proactive with our optimizations.
- Comparative Matrix
- This comparison is performed to insure that a client’s categories and keywords are present within their Tagline, Description and on-site content.
What Is The Timeline of Local SEO Services?
- Claim and optimize Google My Business Listing
- Enhance the Richness of Listings
- Top Tier Citations
- Fix Inaccurate Data & Suppress Duplicates
Months 2, 13+:
- Aggregator Syndication
Month 3 (and every 6 months thereafter):
- Niche & Geo Citations
- Website Audit
- Reviews & Reputation Audit
- Benchmark and Progress Reports
What Industries See the Most Success with Local SEO:
Any business that wants their location to be found
- Auto repair
- Brick & mortar locations
- Multi-location businesses
What KPI’s Should Businesses Track with Local SEO?
- Growth In Views including Map, Search & Photo Views
- Increase in Driving directions pushing foot traffic to a client’s location
- Increase in Phone calls showing users are both finding the business and clicking to call for more info
- Website clicks showing user interaction
- Increased Rankings in Google.com and Google Maps
- Increase in reviews showing users actually purchased client product